Friday, June 6, 2008

We Have A Name!

I'd like to say a special "thank you" to those who've taken the time to email me or leave me a comment here, with suggestions as to what I should call this new fiery-looking friend of mine. For anyone who doesn't know what I'm talking about, I wanted her (one of my new chickens) to have the perfect name... a flower name, somehow referencing her "flame-like" feathers, given her beautiful colors and markings.

Since I couldn't seem to come up with anything I liked on my own, I thought it would be fun to kind-of make a game or contest out of it. I received many wonderful suggestions, for which I'm very appreciative of each. I could tell you've really been searching, to help me come up with just the right name for her. (If only she knew how special she is!)

Well, after considering all the suggestions, I have made a decision.

(drum-roll please)

May I present to you...

Sunburst!












This is one of her name-sake flowers... it's a Dahlia Sunburst. I absolutely love it! See how the petals kinda resemble flames? Just beautiful!

This next one is a Sunburst Sunflower, which also bears the likeness of fire (in my opinion). It's another reason I chose the name "Sunburst". Isn't it gorgeous?


Again, thank you all for the suggestions. You came up with some great ones, no doubt. A special thank you to Taranda and Kim, who ultimately came up with the winning name.

I'll be posting more pics of Miss Sunburst, and the others, later on... might be tonight... or maybe tomorrow morning. Anyway, take care and may God bless you!

Leave a reply by clicking the "comment" link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

Hope said...

I like that too, I was praying for your chickens too...glad you got some new ones.

Are there any details on Jubilee yet? We will be coming!!Thanks for the prayers, I feel them and need them :)

Praying for you and the church always,

Hope

Anonymous said...

You are too kind...those flowers are just beautiful....I just love flowers....I am still praying for the chickens every day...and BELIEVING for their return...:)