Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Showers of Blessing

I've been amazed lately by how much the Lord has blessed me. I'm absolutely awe-struck, in fact (if there is such a word). He has protected me in so many situations, shielding me from the harm that satan intended for me. He's provided for me, time and time again, those things which were needed, just like He promised He would do. And beyond that, even, there have been so many facets of my life, those secret desires within my heart, that only the good Lord could have known about - He saw fit to grant them, some without my even asking. My, how special that is to me!

I can't help but think of Psalm 139...

(verses 1-6)
O LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.
Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off.
Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.
For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, thou knowest it altogether.
Thou hast beset me behind and before, and laid thine hand upon me.
Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.

Wow! These words couldn't possibly be any more true to me, if I'd penned them myself. It's overwhelming to think that what's in my heart, King David also felt. It's humbling, in fact, because the Bible tells us that David was a man after God's own heart. (Talk about being in good company!)

(verses 13-18)
For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.
How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them!
If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee.

Isn't it amazing to think that God knew us and loved us, even before we were conceived? He knew that we'd fail Him. He knew that we'd lose sight of those things that are of most importance, from time to time. He knew that without His grace, we'd self-destruct. Yet He loved us anyway!

I don't know about you, but to me, that in itself (even without the extra blessings mentioned before), is enough reason for praise. The very thought of Him thinking about me... the Creator of all things thinking about me... more times than the number of grains of sand, at that... it's mind-boggling.

I certainly didn't do anything to merit His thoughts (other than maybe being a nuisance, at times). But He loves me and He thinks about me, just the same. And He doesn't stop there. He pours out blessing after blessing into my little world. Even those things that no one else knows about, He knows... and He supplies. It makes me think of the old hymn... "No One Cares For Me Like Jesus". In all reality, no one CAN care for me, like Jesus!

People often fail us; they turn against us; and they leave us. But Jesus NEVER fails us! He NEVER turns on us! Nor does He ever leave us! (Hebrews 13:5) What comfort there is in that!

Oh Father, I thank You for the many ways You shower me with Your love. Thank You for granting me even those things I haven't requested of You, but yet You knew they were the desires of my heart. I praise Your Name for being so faithful to me, when all others fail me. I bless Your Holy Name for protecting me from the snares of the enemy, who comes in so many disguises. Thank You for revealing to me that which is good, and also that which is not. Father, I pray for continued nourishment and growth from Your Word, should You give me another day in which to live. Thank You for being so good to me, despite my faults and failures. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Leave a reply by clicking the "comment" link below. Thanks!

No comments: