Tuesday, September 25, 2007

What Would Jesus Do?

First of all, I know I'm way behind on my posting. It's been a rather hectic week. So much going on, so many projects in the works. But after looking at OJ's face for waaaaay too long, I figured it was worth the sacrifice of losing a little sleep, just to get rid of him (or at least move him down a bit). B'bye, OJ!

I hope you've all had a blessed week so far. As I said, mine's been hopping. But all in all, pretty good... despite the enemy's intentions. He's sure been after me, no doubt!

Have you ever felt like he was following your every move, jumping into absolutely every good and POSITIVE thing you try to accomplish, wreaking total havoc all around? Well, he's working DOUBLE-TIME on me, it seems.

I suppose I should expect such, after getting up this morning and praying, "Lord, make me an instrument of peace today. Show me ways in which I can build a bridge where there seems to be no way to cross over."

It seems the enemy fights the hardest when we commit to follow the Lord's leading. I had decided just a few days ago that I'd begin my day (every day) praying that prayer, in an effort to reconcile any broken relationships, no matter who was (or is) at fault. I fully trusted God to provide those windows of opportunity, as He has so faithfully done in the past.

Well, one such window opened today, and I was so excited to take that first step, in an attempt to make peace in a rather difficult (even hostile) situation. I prayed, I took action, and I waited.

But then, much to my disappointment, my attempt failed (the other party wasn't receptive of my effort). Apparently, peace didn't want to be found. :(

Typical me, my first reaction was to crawl back into my shell and cry (as I'm accustomed to doing when someone hurts me). And continuing on that emotional cycle, I then thought about getting defensive and confronting the one who'd done me wrong. But no, that wasn't right either, not like that.

So then I began to think about Jesus, and how He responded to those who treated Him unfairly. Did He sit there and feel sorry for Himself? No. Did He lash out at those who accused Him, or to those who spat upon Him? No. He didn't say or do anything in His own defense.

He simply loved them. He died for them.

Now, I'm not looking to physically die for anyone. (He's already done that, for all of us.)

But I CAN love those who would seek to cause me harm. I CAN forgive them (again). I CAN continue praying for them. I CAN continue to pray for peace, and for eyes to be opened to the truth. That's what Jesus did.

So, even though there may be those "impossible" people in our lives, always looking for an opportunity to defeat us, despite our efforts to make peace with them, we should remember how Jesus responded, and use His example to help us do the same.

And as the Bible tells us, He will give us more grace, to carry us through.

Romans 5:20
"...But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound."

James 4:6
"But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble."

We don't have to worry about those who mean to hurt us. He'll take care of them, in His own way, in His own time. We see it over and over again.

Thank you, Lord!

Leave a reply by clicking the "comment" link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will pray with you about this situation, honey. It's not God's Will for His people to be at odds with one another. But if you've done your part, just leave it alone. He will take care of it-- and them. Love you Sweetie!

Anonymous said...

Yes, my dear, this is all we can do. Love them in spite of themselves. Will keep this in my prayers.