Monday, May 26, 2008

Chicken Update

I just came in... I've been out in the woods, looking for my chickens. I got up at daybreak, and went out to feed & water, as usual... hoping to find that my 7 missing ones had come back to eat breakfast. It wasn't the case, however. :(

In fact, in my exploring, I found 2 huge piles of feathers... they were Colonel's... and you can tell it was quite a struggle. Bless his heart, I know I've lost him. There's a trail where the fox(es) took him through the ditch, back to the den.

I have cried, and cried, and cried. I try not to... and try my very best to even be "cold" about it... "They're just chickens", I try to force myself into thinking. But my heart doesn't agree with my reasoning. I am hurting so badly.

I spoke to Steve earlier, and he told me I needed to get out of the woods. So on my way back, I saw something move and it was a reddish/brownish color. I froze, 'cause I thought it was a fox and I didn't have my gun with me. But praise the Lord, it was Daisy!!! She began clucking at me, and I talked to her and shooed her all the way back to the pen. I'm so thankful the Lord answered prayer there and brought her safely back to me.

I've been searching for the others, but nothing. One of our church deacons came over (Steve called him) and was helping me search the woods. He also set 2 traps for the foxes. He said that now that they've had a taste (apparently), they'll be back for more. So I'm watching out very carefully for Abby (my cat), and for those chickens who might be returning.

Please continue to pray that they're just hiding out (like Daisy apparently was), and that they'll be home today. I'm praying for a miracle.

Thank you for your prayers. Not everyone understands, I know. But these are my children and I love them so much. Steve said we'll get more, but I don't want more. I want MINE.

Leave a reply by clicking the "comment" link below. Thanks!

No comments: