Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sweet Blessings


This evening at church, I was given a bag of "goodies", if you will. Inside were what my friend, Pam, referred to as "chicken cards" from the children in her 3rd grade classroom. Upon opening the bag and reading what these precious students wrote and drew inside these cards... well, my heart was just overwhelmed, to the point of tears. (Click on each picture to see detailed view.)


Pam had been telling her students about my chickens, ever since I first got them. She's told me how they often ask about the chickens, which of course, I thought was the sweetest thing in itself. :)

Well, since the news of my "chicken disaster" this week, they've kind-of made it their class project to research all about foxes, what they eat, how to catch them, etc. Then today, they made cards for me... to cheer me up, and to keep me from getting discouraged. I sooooo appreciate that... so much, in fact, that I wanted to do something special to thank them.

So I'm sharing some of these "chicken cards" with you here. Perhaps someone else needs to be encouraged today. If so, these cards are guaranteed to work. You can't look at them without being reminded of the Lord's faithfulness & goodness, even as we walk through the valleys. As the Whisnants sing, "Even in the valleys, God is good."

I want to thank my friend, Pam, and each of her precious students (3rd grade class at Ocean Bay Elementary) for caring about my broken heart, and for their wonderful acts of love and kindness. They truly touched my heart, and I know I'll be encouraged each and every time I look at these. (Thank you, guys! I love you, too!)

Please keep the prayers going up. I'm hoping and believing that those missing are safe, and that they'll turn up, once they FEEL safe again. Thank you all for your prayers!

May God bless you abundantly!

Leave a reply by clicking the "comment" link below. Thanks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are praying. Let us know if you need anything.

JW

Lynn Crawford said...

Oh Lois those cards are the sweetest. Made tears come into my eyes. I know you were blessed by them. Your friend Pam sounds like a jewel to have her class make those cards for you.
I am still praying. :)