Monday, May 26, 2008

Long Day

I just came in again. I've been outside all evening. I tried working on some things out in the yard, so I could keep an eye out for my babies, if they came back. Unfortunately, they didn't come back... or at least not yet. I've walked out into the woods so many times today. I must be going crazy, 'cause I keep thinking I hear them. I've had last night's message on my mind... about how the sheep know the voice of their Shepherd. I imagine the same could be said of my chickens... knowing MY voice, I mean. So everytime I think I hear them (and even when I don't), I'd walk out into the woods again, calling for them, hoping they'd know it was safe to come on out and follow me back home. Oh, how I wish that had happened!

I feel like everyone must think I'm the biggest idiot on the planet... first of all, for being so attached to "chickens".... then, too, for going off and leaving them out like that. But regardless of what anyone thinks... the fact is, it's true. I let this happen. It's all my fault.

My hens that I do still have (Daisy, Dahlia, Lily & Petunia) are still so traumatized... I've never seen them act this way before. Bless their hearts, I can only imagine the horror they witnessed yesterday. It kills me to think about how everything must've transpired. Oh, my poor babies!


I had grown so attached to Colonel... it's hard to believe he's gone. And it hurts so much to know that he suffered such a violent death. The "remnants" I found of him tell that story all too well. Bless his heart!


I didn't sleep very much last night, and I can tell it. I'm gonna try to get some sleep tonight.

Please keep praying for the chickens. I appreciate all your prayers.

Leave a reply by clicking the "comment" link below. Thanks!

No comments: